HONORS | AWARDS | LISTS | INTERVIEWS | ARTICLES BY MICHELLE | 3RD PARTY ARTICLES | WRITINGS | VLOG | SPEAKING
Oct 2014: 40 Under 40 West Class of 2014 Member | Brand Innovators
The 40 winners were selected by Brand Innovators based on their professional accomplishments, including the ability to leverage digital media and emerging advertising technology platforms. These include digital video, social media, mobile, content marketing, data and analytics, and E-commerce — to implement “best-of-breed” marketing and advertising campaigns.
Sep 2014: Direct Marketing News40 Under 40 2014 Honoree | Direct Marketing News
The Direct Marketing News 2014 40 Under 40 Award winners are a group of young, standout marketers whose work has already left an indelible mark on their organizations, clients, and the industry as a whole.
- Apr 2014: 2014 Killer Content Award “Best Integrated Demand Gen Campaign” | Content2Conversion
IBM’s Smarter Commerce initiative challenged audience assumptions about enterprise commerce, using an interactive microsite, video, E-books and other assets. The campaign has generated over 100,000 page views and a large number of high-quality leads.
- Apr 2014: 2014 Virtual Communication Excellence Award for “Best in Demand Generation” | Content Marketing World & ON24
The “Rethink Your Customer” campaign is a ground-breaking new demand generation experience, a portal that utilizes ON24 technology to optimize user interaction and campaign design. The interactive platform yielded over 35,024 impressions and 94,216 page views in 2013, producing high-quality leads that have rapidly progressed through the pipeline and generated significant wins for the business.
- May 2013: IBM Excellence and Eminence Award
- May 2012: IBM Excellence and Eminence Award
- Apr 2012: IBM Marketing Innovation Award
- Dec 2011: IBM Excellence and Eminence Award
- Aug 2011: IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Transfer of Business Superstar Award (Acquisition Integration)
Jun 2017: What Hashtags Do Twitter Marketing Rockstars Use? | Andy Mura on Medium
Mar 2017: 50 Brilliant Marketers to Follow in 2017 | Shutterstock
Before the advent of the internet, marketing seemed to be a more tamable beast – now, every week the fundamental best practices of online and content marketing seem to grow, shift, and alter completely with no warning. Staying one step ahead of the current marketing trends isn’t a luxury; knowing the best method of reaching your audience tomorrow is an imperative for success today.
Luckily, the difficulty of dealing with an organic industry has been met with a steady increase in resources and professionals who are one “follow” away from your news feed and inbox. Don’t spend your time tracking down the latest updates in the marketing world when you can have them delivered to you on a silver platter. If you follow these 50 marketing gurus in 2017 you’ll be able to communicate to your demographics and top the results of any search.
Feb 2017: Top 50 Trustworthy Digital Marketing Experts You Should Follow | Lindsey Anderson
In digital marketing, your knowledge of the market is everything. In order to keep up with the technical digital market, you always need to be one step ahead of the next guy. The best way to do that is to learn from the mistakes and triumphs of others. Unfortunately, the Internet can be a hub of chaos making it hard to sift through the right information and identify who to trust. Luckily for you, we’ve taken the grunt work out of it.
Jan 2017: 30 Tech Marketing Leaders Changing The Industry | Synthesio
As we all know, the tech industry is ever-changing and always evolving. In such a fast-paced world, tech marketers have their work cut out for them. The tech marketing leaders that succeed are the ones who are driven, resourceful and determined to create impactful marketing. We put together a list of 30 tech marketing leaders that are promoters of the ever-changing tech world. These tech marketing leaders not only share their ideas about what the future will bring, but they also have large followings. Follow these 30 leaders for the latest industry news and the newest ideas and opinions on new trends.
- Dec 2015: 50 Most Influential Women in Digital Marketing | TopRank
As marketers, it’s important to draw inspiration from many sources. This could include our internal team, clients, industry thought leaders and more. I’m happy to honor this group of exceptional women by shining a light on just a portion of what they’ve accomplished in their careers, and the ways they continue to inspire.
- Oct 2015: 2015 Most Influential Marketing Technology Professionals | Heinz Marketing
Marketing technology thought leaders and hands-on pros are important to follow in order to share ideas and learn from. In many ways MarTech is the greater evolution from Marketing Automation. These MarTech Insiders focus heavily on the dynamics of marketing technology from macro and micro perspectives. Many are entrepreneurs. Others are analysts and authors. Some are “doers” who successfully innovate marketing operations with martech at major corporations.
- Jul 2015: Social Hangout Top 28 | Social Hangout
- Jun 2015: #CMWorld Twitter Community Top 100 | Content Marketing Institute
We want to cast a spotlight on the #CMWorld Twitter Community Top 100, loyal members of our online community that have shared their expertise and tweeted and contributed the most.
- May 2015: 8 Digital Experts Entrepreneurs Can Learn From | Entrepreneur
In a world driven by digital media, you’d be smart to take lessons on how to create effective online content from the current leaders in the digital marketing and PR space.
Who are they? In this list you’ll find some of the brightest minds, men and women whose impeccable personal brands make them stand out from the crowd and act as positive beacons for the companies they’ve founded or represent.
- Mar 2015: 26 Content Marketing Experts to Follow in 2015 | BuildFire
Content is king, but few are creating “out of this world” content. We’ve scanned through hundreds of content marketing influencers so you can learn from some of the best. Here are 26 of our favorites.
- Jan 2015: Top 25 Content Marketers in Enterprise Software: The West Coast Edition | Skyword
Skyword has kept our eyes peeled over the last year, looking for those enterprise marketers who buck the status quo by focusing on telling great stories. We see time and time again the power of an engaging narrative, both in reaching a new audience and in developing trust and fueling the sales pipeline.
With the help of the Traackr Platform, we’ve identified 25 content marketing innovators in the enterprise software industry who have helped move the industry forward on the West Coast.
- Jan 2015: 150 Great Marketers to Follow in 2015 | Likeable
Happy 2015! Here's to a making it the most #likeable year yet. Want to know what I love most about Twitter? The people. Reading tweets from my favorite thought leaders gives me such inspiration. That's why I'm thrilled to announce the top 150 thought leaders to follow on Twitter in 2015. Your Twitter newsfeed just got a whole lot more interesting.
- Dec 2014: 25 Women Who Rock Social Media – 2014 | TopRank
This year’s group includes a great mix of social media talent and leadership including: independent consultants, major brands, an industry analyst, a reporter, entrepreneurs, authors, public relations and marketing professionals and an aspiring astronaut headed for Mars.
- Dec 2014: 140 Super Awesome Content Marketing Twitter Accounts Every Marketer Should Follow | AXONN
As content marketers, we love Twitter. We follow some of the best and brightest to help fire up our inspiration - from SEO experts to e-commerce extraordinaires to content marketing pros. So here are 140 of our favourite Twitter accounts. Some individuals, some businesses, but all a constant source of new information and inspiration.
- Nov 2014: 15 Women Who Rock Social Media at Top Tech Companies – Career Advice & Insights | TopRank
To honor women who “rock” the social web, we’ve been publishing a list for the past 4 years and 2014 marks the 5th. During research within my own personal network for the 2014 list, I noticed an impressive group of social media marketing pros in the tech space that represent some of the top brands from IBM to Adobe to Intel.
- Nov 2014: Content Marketing Landscape 2014 - Top 200 Brands and Influencers | Onalytica
People are crucial to the content marketing debate but a lot of the discussion is also driven by brands. This is the main reason we have applied our same PageRank based methodology to all the brands out there talking about content marketing. We have tried to create a comprehensive landscape for everybody that is interested in the content marketing community. This list is also a way for people looking to find great thought leaders and influential companies in the online content marketing debate.
- Oct 2014: Top 25 Marketing Influencer | InsightView
To select the industry’s top influencers each year, our crack InsideView research team begins with a blank slate and then identifies those with the most—and most relevant—influence, voice, and ideas. For this year, we also consulted other B2B influencer lists, including Forbes, Top Sales World, Business2Community, and many more.
- Sep 2014: 50 Follow-Worthy Marketing Measurement and Digital Analytics Experts (#26) | Automated Insights
We recently scoured the Twitterverse to identify the top marketing measurement and digital analytics accounts of individual influencers.
- Aug 2014: Top 50 Social Business Twitter Accounts You Must Follow NOW (#20) | Visible Banking
- Feb 2014: The Top 100 Thought Leaders on B2B Marketing (#2) | Onalytica
We processed all the data from the hashtag #b2bmarketing from the last 3 months and ranked them based on our PageRank methodology, used also on our other influencer lists on topics such as Bring Your Own Device, Internet of Things and Wearable Tech to name a few.
Congratulations to ClickZ that takes first spot followed by Michelle Killebrew (who is in charge of IBM’s social business division and she is a guest contributor to ClickZ) and Ben Harper (co-founder of content strategy agency Datify).
Interviews & Professional Profiles:
- Jun 2015: Content Marketing Tips that Will Surprise You | ragan.com
- May 2015: A View from the Top: Connect Through Your Content | Kevin Popović for Incite West
- May 2015: Employee Advocacy Panel with IBM, Avanade & Mortar | Dynamic Signal
- May 2015: [PODCAST]: Is Social Technology Making is More or Less Human? | The Social Network Show
- Apr 2015: [VIDEO]: #SocialHangout #30 - Michelle Killebrew | Social Hangout
- Mar 2015: How Storytelling Can Boost Your Brand | Newscred
- Feb 2015: IBM’s Michelle Killebrew Discusses the Growth of Social Content Strategy | Content Standard by Skyword
- Oct 2014: [VIDEO]: Thought Leaders - Michelle Killebrew at Information Development World 2014 | The Content Wrangler
- Oct 2014: [VIDEO]: Marketing Essentials for 2015 | Direct Marketing News
- Oct 2014: [VIDEO]: IBM Social Business Interview with Michelle Killebrew | IBM
- Oct 2014: Tips from IBM, David Meerman Scott: How Narrative Can Boost Your Brand | ScribbleLive
- Sep 2014: Michelle Killebrew, IBM Social Business: DMN 2014 40 Under 40 Award winner | Direct Marketing News
- Sep 2014: Surprising Lessons from IBM in Successful B2B Content Marketing | Content Science
- Feb 2014: Get To Know: IBM Social Business Global Marketing Program Director | MarketingLand
Articles written for ClickZ Digital Marketing Magazine as a regular contributor:
- Jul 2015: Redefining Engagement to Understand the Future of Marketing
- Apr 2015: Social Business: Shifting From Noun to Verb
- Feb 2015: New Content Economy? What's Old is New Again!
- Feb 2015: Super Bowl XLIX: Ads, Trends, and Engagement
- Nov 2014: Live Online Shopping Data: The Gift That Keeps Giving This Season
- Oct 2014: How Social Is Your Business, Anyway?
- Oct 2014: Data Tidal Wave: Opportunity and Responsibility
- Sep 2014: The Future Is Now
- Jul 2014: Connect, Engage, Collaborate: People-Centric Engagement in a Digital World
- Jun 2014: Insights for Business Transformation in This 3rd Platform Age
- May 2014: World-Class Customer Service in the Digital Age
- Mar 2014: Rethink Social Media War Room Strategy
- Feb 2014: Social Data: Inside Out
- Jan 2014: Thoughts on Disruption and Innovation
- Dec 2013: Why Doesn’t Social Influence Shopping More?
- Oct 2013: Are You Ignoring Your Best Brand Advocates?
- Oct 2013: Demand Generation + Social + Mobile = BFFs
- Sep 2013: What Does It Really Mean to Be a Social Business?
3rd Party Articles:
- Mar 2017: The Challenges of Moving into E-Commerce | PCWorld
- Jul 2015: Rise of the Digital Evangelist | Little Bird
- Mar 2015: 10 Habits of Highly Effective B2B Content Marketers | Content Marketing Institute
- Jan 2015: Tech Optimism, Engagement, and The Future of Marketing with IBM’s Michelle Killebrew | Holistic Marketing Concepts
- Aug 2014: Social Engagement Comes in Many Forms [#CZLSF] | ClickZ
- Aug 2014: Consumers demand more and more, but tech is there to help | Bloomreach
- Jun 2014: 12 B2B Content Marketing Examples and Case Studies for 2014 | TopRank
- May 2014: How Big Should Your Campaign Budget Be? | Target Marketing
- Mar 2014: Social Business is More Than Businesses Using Social Media | SmartBrief on Social Business
- Nov 2013: The Power of the Basics: Building a Foundation for Your Marketing Messages | Michelle’s Marketing Musings Blog
- Aug 2013: Target, Trend, and Timing: How Victoria's Secret Marketers Got it Right | Michelle’s Marketing Musings Blog
Social Business Frontier - Video Blog Series for IBM Social Business:
"The Social Business Frontier" is a video blog series consisting of a number of short interviews taking a deeper look inside the IBM Research Labs to explore the groundbreaking and innovative social analytics research that's redefining the future of social business.
- Jun 2017: Practical PR Summit "Evangelism 2.0: The Future of Influencer Marketing for B2C and B2B", Chicago
- May 2017: Information Development World "What is Design Thinking and Why Do Content Teams Need It?", Menlo Park
- Oct 2016: Constellation Research Connected Enterprise 2016, Half Moon Bay
- Aug 2015: Digiday Content Marketing Summit, Half Moon Bay
- Jul 2015: Content Marketing Summit at LinkedIn, Mountain View
- Jun 2015: RebelMouse Roar Summit 2015, New York
- May 2015: Brand Innovators Social and Emerging Media, San Francisco *host
- May 2015: BrandX | Collision, Las Vegas
- May 2015: The Incite Summit: West, San Francisco
- Apr 2015: Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2), Chicago
- Apr 2015: Social Connections 8, Boston
- Mar 2015: Social Media Marketing World, San Diego
- Mar 2015: Intelligent Content Conference, San Francisco
- Jan 2015: TEDxUniversityofNevada, Reno
- Jan 2015: American Marketing Association (AMA), Reno
- Nov 2014: MobCon - Mobile Conference, Minneapolis
- Oct 2014: Information Development World, Santa Clara
- Oct 2014: Citigroup Luncheon
- Sep 2014: The Corporate Social Media Summit, San Francisco *keynote
- Aug 2014: Digiday Platform Summit, Half Moon Bay
- Aug 2014: ClickZ Live, San Francisco
- Jul 2014: The Integrated Marketing Summit, Cincinnati
- Jun 2014: The Integrated Marketing Summit, Minneapolis
- Apr 2014: ClickZ Live, New York City
- Mar 2014: The Integrated Marketing Summit, Atlanta
- Feb 2014: Intelligent Content Conference, Silicon Valley
- Feb 2014: IBM Entrepreneur Week, Virtual Event
- Jan 2014: The Integrated Marketing Summit, San Diego
- Nov 2013: Search Engine Strategies, Chicago
- May 2013: Smarter Commerce Global Summit, Nashville
- Feb 2013: Smarter Commerce Sales Kickoff “FastStart”, Madrid & Singapore
- Sep 2012: Smarter Commerce Global Summit, Orlando
- May 2012: Smarter Commerce Global Summit, Madrid
- Oct 2011: Represented IBM as Marketing Coach at Marketing Sherpa Conference
- Sep 2009: Coremetrics “Gallery” Digital Campaign Video
Presentations on SlideShare:
Please visit my Speaker Page for more information.